John is a partner in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney. He is a trial lawyer who has been defending general liability claims for the past 20 years. During that time he has first-chaired more than 75 jury trials involving cases of varying degrees of complexity and severity. His trials have included numerous wrongful death and catastrophic injury lawsuits arising out of transportation claims (automobile, bus, and train accidents), construction accidents, premises liability, product liability, and liquor liability cases.
In addition to his extensive trial experience, John has experience handling appeals, and he has argued several appeals in the Massachusetts Court of Appeals and Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
John also earned the designation of Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Defense verdict following a two-day trial in Dedham District Court on a case involving a motor vehicle accident
- Favorable verdict in Suffolk Superior Court in a case resulting from the collision of a public transit bus with a building in Revere
- Defense verdict and successful appeal of wrongful death pedestrian action against leasing company.
- Defense verdict in wrongful death action premised upon failure of defendant to coordinate medical services after decedent suffered heart attack.
- Successful appeal before Massachusetts SJC for retroactive application of statute eliminating interest in actions against MBTA.
- Defense verdict in multi-million dollar lawsuit involving the amputation of a plaintiff's leg in accident involving a train.
- Favorable resolutions of thousands of lawsuits, including slip and falls, trip and falls, construction accidents, product liability claims, car, bus, truck and train accidents, dram shop claims, fire and explosion claims, medical malpractice claims and other general liability/premises liability cases.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Defending Traumatic Brain Injury Claims,” Claims Litigation Management (CLM) Omaha Chapter CLE presentation, November 14, 2019
- “Claims Management Challenges: Telephonic Challenges,” presented by the CEU Institute, January 11, 2017
- "Understanding the Changing Legal Implications of Cyber Liability," webinar panelist hosted by A.M. Best, December 7, 2016
- Case law developments regarding the Mode of Operation approach to premises-liability cases presentation to the Boston Association of Claims Executives
- Speaker at numerous conferences and author of many articles involving litigation issues pertaining to sports and recreation industries, including health and fitness clubs, skating rinks, ski resorts, golf courses and similar recreational activities
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Massachusetts Federal Court
- CLM (Claims Litigation Management)
- NEHRSA (New England Health and Racquet Sports Club Association)