John is a trial lawyer who has been defending general liability claims for the past 20 years. During that time he has first-chaired more than 75 jury trials involving cases of varying degrees of complexity and severity. His trials have included numerous wrongful death and catastrophic injury lawsuits arising out of transportation claims (automobile, bus, and train accidents), construction accidents, premises liability, product liability, and liquor liability cases. In addition to his extensive trial experience, John has experience handling appeals, and he has argued several appeals in the Massachusetts Court of Appeals and Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court. He has also earned the designation of Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US), through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- Massachusetts Federal Court
- CLM (Claims Litigation Management)
- NEHRSA (New England Health and Racquet Sports Club Association)
- Defense verdict and successful appeal of wrongful death pedestrian action against leasing company.
- Defense verdict in wrongful death action premised upon failure of defendant to coordinate medical services after decedent suffered heart attack.
- Successful appeal before Massachusetts SJC for retroactive application of statute eliminating interest in actions against MBTA.
- Defense verdict in multi-million dollar lawsuit involving the amputation of a plaintiff's leg in accident involving a train.
- Author of numerous articles and speaker at numerous conferences involving litigation issues pertaining to sports and recreation industries, including health and fitness clubs, skating rinks, ski resorts, golf courses and similar recreational activities.
- Favorable resolutions of thousands of lawsuits, including slip and falls, trip and falls, construction accidents, product liability claims, car, bus, truck and train accidents, dram shop claims, fire and explosion claims, medical malpractice claims and other general liability/premises liability cases.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell