Our attorneys are exceptionally experienced in monitoring aggregate positions of an insured in the context of multi-claims. We provide individual reports on specific claims as well as bordereau analyses highlighting all pending claims. We use specially designed computer databases to assist in this effort and enable us to provide instantaneous transmission of data and analysis on pending claims and aggregate erosion.
Our lawyers possess extensive trial experience and actively participate with the primary or the insured in setting litigation strategy. We work closely with underwriters in developing the appropriate document trail to protect excess interests should the primary fail to properly negotiate and settle a pending claim and judgment exceeds the primary limit. Our extensive trial expertise enables the firm, if needed, to assume the control of litigation pending anywhere nationally.
In protecting excess insurer and reinsurer interests, we have monitored activities of primary insurers, self-insureds, and reinsureds. We have rendered opinions and litigated issues pertaining to bad faith allegations, aggregate impairment, and notice. We have experience as:
- Monitoring and claims counsel for foreign insurer markets involved in various mass pharma litigation
- Monitoring and settlement counsel for excess insurer coordinating trial and settlement strategy in connection with catastrophic injury
- Monitoring counsel for umbrella insurers in connection with product aggregates for various Fortune 500 corporations
- Monitoring counsel on various national architect and engineer, E&O accounts for major E&O market
- Monitoring counsel for excess insurers providing hospital liability coverage throughout the Northeast and Mid Atlantic
- Monitoring counsel for claims and coverage for excess D&O insurers arising out of mass tort litigation and product recall
- Monitoring counsel for claims and coverage against insured’s employees for securities fraud, conversion, and negligence/commercial reasonableness
For more information about how we can assist you, please contact any of our Insurance and Reinsurance attorneys.