Our Environmental and Toxic Tort Practice Group brings decades of experience together with a broad base of scientific and environmental knowledge to provide excellent and comprehensive services to our clients. Our client-oriented personalized attention, combined with our aggressive approach, produces excellent results at reasonable expense. Our attorneys are prepared to provide services to our clients throughout the Northeast United States with respect to the following:
- Representation before all environmental agencies on the federal, state, and local level.
- Comprehensive litigation services in all courts.
- Superfund defense work, as well as defense of litigation, brought by state agencies under state "Mini-Superfund Acts."
- Comprehensive advice and counseling to owners and developers of properties with respect to environmental issues.
- Advice and counseling to sellers and purchasers of commercial and residential real estate regarding environmental regulation and contamination issues.
- Counseling to manufacturing property owners and operators with respect to toxic exposure, workplace safety issues, and OSHA regulation.
- Counseling and product development advice to product manufacturers with respect to environmental risk and potential for impact on human health and safety issues.
- Defense of toxic tort claims on behalf of manufacturers and suppliers of various products including chemicals, gases, and industrial production machinery, as well as HVAC equipment.
- Comprehensive counseling and representation with respect to insurance coverage issues.
Our Firm works with a substantial group of environmental, engineering, and industrial hygiene experts throughout the Northeast on clients' projects. We have at our disposal scores of recognized experts with strong regulatory and litigation expertise and experience to assist our clients.
Our Practice Group members are active in the Product Liability Advisory Counsel, Defense Research Institute, ALFA International, and the Environmental Law Institute. They have served as liaison counsel and defense counsel at numerous Superfund sites as well as in multi-defendant toxic exposure cases.
Working with our Appellate Practice Group, we also provide appellate service with respect to environmental and toxic tort matters.