The Workers' Compensation practice group at Morrison Mahoney provides representation to insurers, self-insurers, and employers at all stages of a workers compensation case. The representation the group provides combines years of experience appearing before the Department of Industrial Accidents with an aggressive approach to the defense of workers compensation claims.
The Workers' Compensation practice group at Morrison Mahoney has long been recognized as an insurance defense leader in the specialized field of the defense of workers compensation cases. The group provides a multitude of litigation-related services to its clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. Because of our centrally located offices, we are able to provide personalized attention and an aggressive approach that provides favorable results at reasonable rates.
Our attorneys provide the following services:
- Representation of insurers, self insurers, and employers in all aspects of a workers compensation claim at the Department of Industrial Accidents through the appeals at the appellate court level.
- Coordination of investigation of a claim and preparation for a defense of a claim which would include meetings with investigators, medical experts, and lay witnesses.
- Providing in-house training seminars to insurers, self-insurers, and employers on the various ways to handle claims and on recent updates in the laws involving workers compensation.
- Counseling employers on issues involving risk management, return to work, light or modified work programs.
- Counseling clients on obtaining insurance classifications and licensing.
- Providing a defense to uninsured employers and employers when a §28 claim for serious and willful misconduct has been filed.
- Providing arbitration/mediation services to insurers and self-insurers who have agreed to arbitration or mediation pursuant to a collective bargaining agreement.
Members of the Workers' Compensation practice group are active in the Massachusetts Bar Association, Defense Research Institute, and ALFA International. They have served as speakers, moderators, and panel members at numerous insurance seminars and training sessions.
The group also works closely with our Appellate practice group and has been successful at the appellate level in many areas that effect workers' compensation law.