Our Products Liability practice group has experience in defending a vast array of products, component parts, and processes. The firm has represented a major defendant in virtually every piece of industry-wide litigation to date, including asbestos, intrauterine devices, pharmaceuticals, computer keyboards, and building materials.
In addition to defense claims alleging a product defect for our insurance defense clients, we also serve as national coordinating counsel for several clients and also work as local counsel with other national coordinating counsel in scores of cases defending a diverse range of product designs. Because some claims require nothing short of trial by jury, the group includes senior trial lawyers who bring unparalleled experience and clout to the courtroom.
Beyond litigation, we work proactively with our clients to develop products and prevent claims at each stage of the process from research and development to marketing and product launch. We advise our clients concerning the adequacy of warnings and instructions, advertising, and potential uses and misuses of the product once in market. We have assisted manufacturers with voluntary and CPSC-ordered recalls and have successfully defended ordered recalls. Since our firm’s headquarters is in what has been described as the world’s “Medical Mecca,” we have developed unique experience in developing and presenting medical causation defenses in coordination with some of the foremost medical researchers and experts.
Our products liability experience includes:
- Products involved in every kind of conveyance such as motor vehicles, bicycles, recreational vehicles, elevators, escalators, ATVs, boats, and aircraft
- Industrial machinery
- Construction equipment including boom lifts, scissor lifts, cranes, loaders, industrial lift trucks, and ladders
- Consumer goods such as food, carpeting, chairs, washers and dryers, lawn mowers, and sporting goods
- Personal protective equipment
- Pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Indoor environmental pollution “sick building” claims, including defense of the design of building products and the processes by which they are applied, and lead paint
For more information about how we can assist you, please contact any of our Products Liability attorneys.
Related Practice Areas:
- Construction Litigation
- Drugs and Medical Devices
- Environmental and Toxic Torts
- Life Sciences