Morrison Mahoney’s intellectual property practice group recognizes that a company’s intellectual property is usually its most valuable asset. In today’s economy it is paramount that a company research, develop, and protect that asset.
Our team works with a diverse range of clients on intellectual property issues including software developers, inventors, technology, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, franchises, financial advisors, and electronic game developers. We understand the unique needs of each client and tailor the legal work accordingly. We draft and negotiate employee and contractor work-for-hire agreements, intellectual property assignment, and licensing agreements and enforce clients' intellectual property rights through litigation.
Our lawyers regularly appear in state and federal courts, state and federal administrative agencies and proceedings, arbitrations, and mediations to protect and enforce the intellectual property of our clients.
We routinely assist clients with:
- Copyright registration, licensing, and protection of creative works
- Trademark registration, maintenance, and licensing
- Drafting and negotiating confidentiality, trade secret, and intellectual property protection agreements
- Drafting invention assignment agreements for contractors and employees
- Patent, trademark, copyright, and other infringement litigation
- Providing opinions on the registration and protection of trademarks and service marks
- Privacy and data security matters to help clients comply with state and federal regulations and internal best practices
- Enforcing and defending intellectual property rights through litigation, negotiation, arbitration, and meditation
- IP asset due diligence
For more information about how we can assist you, please contact one of our intellectual property attorneys.