Morrison Mahoney’s employment law practice group is one of the most active in the region. While our attorneys focus on counseling and proper planning for dispute avoidance, our clients feel secure knowing that we have some of the most extensive experience in the region actually trying EPL cases in administrative agencies and state and federal courts, and having our successful results upheld on appeal.
Our attorneys have particular expertise in matters related to safety in the workplace and represent clients before OSHA and on right-of-entry questions, contested citations, proposed penalties, and abatement dates in the courts.
We represent private employers in all phases of employment law including:
- Hiring—Our attorneys are proficient and experienced in the drafting of offer letters, employment agreements, buy-in agreements, buy-out agreements, and employment-related contracts.
- Training—We conduct training sessions for supervisors/managers of clients on equal employment opportunity laws, sexual harassment, supervisory training skills, maintaining a workplace environment free of claims and liability, lawful and proper interviews, and performance evaluations.
- Investigations—We are frequently retained to supervise, coordinate, and conduct internal investigations of all kinds.
- Terminations—Our team is well experienced in planning for terminations and/or RIFs. We routinely draft severance agreements, separation agreements, and formal releases of legal claims.
- Dispute resolution—Our skilled trial lawyers are zealous in the defense of claims of unlawful discrimination, wrongful discharge, and disputes arising from separation from employment.
For more information on how Morrison Mahoney can assist you, please contact any of our employment and labor lawyers.