Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology and Director of Finance, the Financial Systems Engineer will work with the Finance and IT Departments to provide support for and further automate Elite3E and integrated systems. One primary area of focus will be recommending and implementing change to improve efficiency, quality, and processes.
Responsible for the support, automation, integration, testing, upgrades, and maintenance of Elite 3E, including all integrated applications such as Data Insights/PowerBI, BizTalk, ARCS and Carpe Diem.
Project Management of all finance application upgrades which includes hosting/facilitating meetings, assigning and tracking tasks, decisions, issues, testing, and mitigating risk.
Assist with process improvement initiatives and technological enhancements for the Finance Department. Provide back-end support, maintenance, and upgrades for 18 financial system servers and applications. This includes administration of Microsoft SQL Servers, Web Servers, Windows Servers, and all hardware utilized by the financial system applications.
- Provide user support for all Finance applications within the Firm in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform technical/functional tasks for the financial systems including monitoring, updating, and maintaining the financial application servers, scheduled tasks, SQL jobs, databases, and file shares.
- Perform technical administration of Elite 3E, Carpe Diem (Classic, Web and Mobile), 3E Workspace, Data Insights/PowerBI, and ARCS.
- Proactively identify and develop plans to address financial system issues as well as opportunities for system enhancements to ensure efficient operation and maximum uptime.
- As needed, design new security roles related to Elite 3E user access.
- Lead financial applications/integration projects and other performance enhancement initiatives.
- Plan and implement system software upgrades. Analyze, work with users to determine impact of upgrades, and assist with regression testing of applications and integrations.
- Recommend best practices for back-up and restore procedures of all Elite 3E applications and databases.
- Assist with and provide support to Finance department on report writing.
- Update training/development 3E instance.
- Research, understand, and document all Elite 3E customizations.
- Develop documentation on all areas of responsibility.
- Mentor accounting users to improve their technical skills, understanding of 3E, and confidence to suggest efficiency changes.
- Any other responsibilities as requested by management.
- 3+ years experience administering Elite Enterprise, Elite 3E, or a similar financial system such as Aderant, preferably in a law firm.
- Image Connect, Design Gallery, Paperless Proforma, 3E Workspace, and Data Insights/PowerBI.
- SQL Server administration and understanding/writing basic SQL queries.
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Web-Server administration.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and server operating systems.
- Ability to manage and act as the champion for system change and migrations.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of process improvement concepts.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively communicate results.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, managing, and/or leading complex projects or initiatives with a desire to implement best practices.
- Communicate clearly and concisely (written/verbal) with staff of varying technical expertise.
Morrison Mahoney is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification, as protected by federal, state or local law. Equal employment opportunity extends to all personnel practices.