Our Boston office seeks a full-time help desk specialist. The Help Desk Specialist responds to all customer requests for service and quickly resolves problems during initial contact, as well as identify trends, and opportunities to eliminate recurring problems. The Specialist will respond to incoming requests to the Help Desk via phone or e-mail, quickly diagnose and resolve user problems, and escalate calls to the next level of service, as necessary. The Specialist will follow up with users to ensure successful problem resolution. Additional responsibilities include desktop/laptop support, configurations, and desktop application testing/support. In addition, contribute resolutions and content to knowledgebase; participate on project teams; continue to develop and expand technical skills and business knowledge.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues, assisting end users with technical and application functionality questions.
- Research questions using available information resources
Follow standard help desk procedures and recommend changes for continuous improvement
- Log/track all support requests and document resolutions
Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention, redirecting problems to appropriate resource
- Proactively identify process improvement opportunities and support continuous improvement initiatives
- Support Mobile devices
- Participate in technology projects which may arise
- Engage in formal and informal knowledge transfer
- Build and maintain productive client relationships with all firm users
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013
- Working knowledge of document management systems
- Knowledge of Citrix, iCreate and/or Nuance Power PDF a plus
- Strong communication and learning skills
- Customer service orientation
- Strong troubleshooting and problem analysis
- Adaptability, attention to detail and stress tolerance
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a teamwork/collaborative style and environment
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Morrison Mahoney is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification, as protected by federal, state or local law. Equal employment opportunity extends to all personnel practices.