Morrison Mahoney is proud to be a sponsor of the 2018 DRI Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Seminar. The event is presented by DRI’s Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Committee in conjunction with DRI’s Government Enforcement and Corporate Compliance Committee. Partners Dan Marvin and Robert Stern are on the Planning Committee.
Recent developments in technology have spurred issues never before imagined. Cyber threats now include not just hacking, but ransomware attacks, social engineering, and other schemes. Advanced technologies such as blockchain and cryptocurrencies bring a world of questions to previously traditional structures in marketing, banking, and sales. Interconnected and “smart” devices create new concerns about privacy within the “Internet of Things” (IOT), especially in the healthcare world. And autonomous vehicles, once available only to the Jetsons, are now a reality that bring with them a host of concerns that demand the attention of cyber professionals. Governmental regulations on data privacy and security are responding to these new issues and evolving every day. The seminar will appeal to a diverse audience of professionals: in-house counsel, firm attorneys, IT personnel, insurance professionals, and anyone who must understand developments in cybersecurity and data privacy law.
What you will learn
- Advanced cyber threats and how to mitigate them
- Implications of cutting-edge technology, including blockchain,
- the Internet of Things, and autonomous vehicles
- Guidance on regulatory landscape with privacy and security
- The role of insurance in data security and privacy
- Trends in data breach class action litigation
- How to build a data security practice at your law firm
The seminar will be held September 5-7 in Chicago. For more information about the seminar, or to register please click here.