Amy is a partner practicing civil defense litigation with a focus on medical professional liability, directors and officers (D&O) liability, and employment law in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. She defends nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home care agencies, medical professionals, businesses, and individuals in a wide range of matters involving medical malpractice, vertical transportation (elevator/escalator accidents), employment, wrongful death, landlord-tenant, and transportation.
Amy has tried cases in the Massachusetts Superior and District courts and successfully mediated and arbitrated numerous cases in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. She has also prevailed on summary judgment in high exposure cases.
- Obtained defense verdict in favor of a skilled nursing facility in a wrongful death case in which the plaintiff alleged that care provided to the decedent’s pressure sore did not comply with the standard of care.
- Successfully represented numerous clients in employment discrimination cases before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) and the Rhode Island Commission for Human Rights (RICHR).
- Obtained numerous summary judgments and dismissals for clients in elevator cases and general liability actions in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
- Implied Warranty of Habitability in PI Actions, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, May 26, 2014
- No Duty, No Case: When Summary Judgment is Appropriate in Negligence Actions, The Standard, Feb. 14, 2014
- Mending Broken Promises: Allowing Homeowners to Pursue Claims of Promissory Estoppel Against Lenders When Denied Loan Modifications, 47 New Eng. L. Rev. 985 (2013)
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA)
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Honors & Awards
- Elected by her peers to the Best Lawyers: Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants List (2021)
- Selected to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers magazine list as a "Rising Star" in Civil Litigation: Defense (2018-2019)
- While in law school, received the CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for Clinical Evidence and Family Law, was a member of Dean’s List, and named as a New England Scholar for academic achievement
- Served as editor on the New England Law Review