Amy is a partner in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney and practices civil defense litigation, with a focus on medical professional liability and premises liability in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. She defends nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home care agencies, medical professionals, businesses, and individuals in a wide range of matters involving medical malpractice, vertical transportation (elevator/escalator accidents), employment law, wrongful death, landlord-tenant, and transportation. Amy has tried cases in the Massachusetts Superior and District courts and successfully mediated and arbitrated numerous cases in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. She has also prevailed on summary judgment in high exposure cases.
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Served as editor on the New England Law Review
- Authored and published Mending Broken Promises: Allowing Homeowners to Pursue Claims of Promissory Estoppel Against Lenders When Denied Loan Modifications, 47 New Eng. L. Rev. 985 (2013)
- Received CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for Clinical Evidence and Family Law
- Member of the Dean's List and named as a New England Scholar for academic achievement