Chris is a partner in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney. He has over ten years experience as a first chair trial lawyer. His practice specializes in the defense of corporate clients involving claims of catastrophic injury or death in the context of construction site accidents, product liability, premises liability, and transportation/trucking matters. Chris also represents insurers relating to fraud and arson investigations.
Chris also represents insurers and reinsurers regarding six to seven figure subrogation claims, as well as bad faith claims. His practice includes experience in both state court and federal court.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris served as a supervising prosecutor and special prosecutor for the District Attorney’s Office. He successfully prosecuted many high stakes cases, some of which were based on circumstantial evidence, including fingerprints and handwriting analysis. As a prosecutor, Chris gained valuable experience and obtained convictions involving claims of arson and crimes of dishonesty. He remains involved in a number of criminal prosecutions and investigations, representing and/or counseling clients accused of serious crimes. In some instances, Chris has forecasted to insurers what effect, if any, a criminal matter would have on any future civil lawsuit arising out of the same circumstances.
Multi-million dollar verdict on behalf of international re-insurer following two week trial
Acquittal of school bus driver, who was alleged to have injured approximately 30 passengers following roof collapse after impacting a bridge
Dismissal of criminal complaint against commercial truck driver for negligent motor vehicle homicide
Defense verdict on behalf of a restaurant business accused of causing building fire, resulting in extensive property damage.
- Christopher J. Davidson, Premises Liability: Mode of Operations Test in Taverns, Movie Theaters, and Sports Complexes, 273 The Standard 10 (Nov. ed. 2013)
- Christopher J. Davidson, When Invited Patrons Become Trespassers: A Review of Massachusetts Decisions, 273 The Standard 8, (Dec. ed. 2013)
- Christopher J. Davidson, Investigating Claims Arising out of Slip and Falls on Public Sidewalks, 274 The Standard 13 (April ed. 2014)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- International Association of Arson Investigators, Inc. (IAAI)