Scott is the Managing Partner of Morrison Mahoney, responsible for all firm operations across its 10 offices throughout the northeast. Scott joined the firm in 1990 and was named a partner in 1995. He is the former chair of the Boston office’s non-medical professional liability group and has also served on various firm leadership committees including the hiring committee, compensation committee, and executive committee. With 30 years of trial experience and a success rate exceeding 95%, and having managed an errors and omissions (E&O) program for agents of a national life insurer, Scott has a keen awareness of the clients’ needs when it comes to purchasing legal services. He applies this throughout his leadership and strategy discussions at roundtables involving case strategy and also mentoring junior attorneys. Scott is dedicated to further enhancement of the firm’s status as a regional leader in trial and business law and as a fulfilling, professional and diverse workplace for all of the firm’s attorneys and supporting personnel.
Scott is a former New York City prosecutor in the Manhattan District Attorney’s office under Robert M. Morgenthau.
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Committee on Professional Ethics
- Education Committee, Former Member
- Massachusetts Continuing Education, Ethics Curriculum Committee
- Tried to a jury well over 50 cases in state and federal courts, including three defense verdicts since 2012, one of which was a legal malpractice claim with demand of $6.5 million
- Two successful trial court dispositions affirmed by Appeals Court since 2012