Mike is the Liaison Partner for the Bridgeport office of Morrison Mahoney. His practice concentrates in the area of professional liability, with a particular focus on the defense of non-medical professionals—including attorneys, real estate professionals, insurance agents, executives, officers, and corporations—against claims of malpractice, negligence, and improper employment practices before state and federal trial courts, as well as administrative agencies. Mike has made presentations to bar associations, including MCLE, and participates in legal risk management seminars for area law firms. Mike also frequently handles aviation claims including the defense of aircraft manufacturers and maintenance facilities, as well as high exposure and complex matters in the areas of transportation, premises liability, environmental claims and regulation, and product liability.
In addition, as a member of Morrison Mahoney’s Cybersecurity, Data Protection and Privacy team, he provides cybersecurity litigation services to the firm’s clients relating to the defense of class action and derivative lawsuits, as well as administrative enforcement actions brought by federal and state agencies charged with overseeing and enforcing privacy and data protection statutes, regulations and rules.
Mike also frequently handles high exposure and complex matters in the areas of transportation, premises liability, environmental claims and regulation, and product liability. Mike has made presentations to bar associations, including MCLE, and participates in legal risk management seminars for area law firms.
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association, Legislative Committee
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association, Young Lawyers Committee
- Selected as a Connecticut Super Lawyer Rising Star Lists for Professional Liability, 2014-2017
- Selected as a New England Super Lawyer Rising Star for Professional Liability Defense, 2014-2017
- Second chair in $1.8 million dollar legal malpractice trial resulting in defendant’s verdict
- Summary Judgment in real estate based legal malpractice suit and subsequently obtained fees and costs on behalf of client based on frivolous nature of plaintiff’s lawsuit
- Summary judgment obtained the day before trial in legal malpractice case involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty against attorney in his role as co-executor, affirmed on appeal by the Connecticut Supreme Court
- Obtained dismissal for out-of-state defendant in multi-million dollar wrongful death case arising out of an airplane crash
- Obtained dismissal in legal malpractice claim against attorney sued in her role as guardian-ad-litem
- Internal Managing Editor for Widener Law Review (2006–2007)