Jim is the Liaison Partner for the Hartford office of Morrison Mahoney and is an elected member of the firm’s five-member Executive Committee. He has been with the firm for 30 years and has tried many cases to verdict in both state and federal court. Jim’s practice concentrates in the defense of non-medical professionals including attorneys, design professionals, real estate brokers, insurance agents, and accountants. He represents his professional clients in the trial and appellate courts as well before administrative agencies. Jim also has extensive experience in construction litigation representing construction manager, general contractors, and subcontractors in both court proceedings and arbitration.
Jim also defends clients in employment claims involving allegations of: discrimination; retaliation; misappropriation of trade secrets and related claims. Additionally, he is frequently retained by clients to handle high exposure and complex matters in the areas of products liability, trucking and premises liability.
Along with his litigation work, Jim provides counseling and risk management services to professional clients on ethical issues and risk avoidance. He is a frequent presenter of seminars on issues related to legal ethics and risk management for attorneys. Jim has also been rated "AV" by Martindale-Hubbell. Only lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability receive a Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of “AV.”
- American Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
Honors & Awards
- Named The Best Lawyers© 2023 Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants "Lawyer of the Year" in Hartford, CT
- Elected by his peers to The Best Lawyers in America© Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants guide (2021-2023)
- Elected by his peers to The Best Lawyers in America© Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants guide (2021-2023)