Neil is the Liaison Partner in the Parsippany office of Morrison Mahoney. He concentrates his practice in the areas of construction litigation, governmental/municipal liability, tort and liability defense, professional liability and products liability and represents professionals and business associations in state and federal courts. Neil also represents a variety of employers in workers compensation matters.
Neil handles and participates in all areas of litigation in state and federal courts from pre‑suit investigation to trial and appeals. He has extensive experience representing clients and insureds in a broad range of complex civil litigation matters including products liability, errors and omissions, tort and liability defense, legal malpractice, transportation and construction defect cases.
Over the years Neil has represented municipalities, insurance companies involving coverage matters, international companies, national real estate developers, national trucking companies and a variety of individuals and businesses. He routinely represents commercial real estate developers and property owners in all aspects of litigation. Additionally, Neil handles litigation investigation where there are allegations of fraud and misconduct on behalf of individual professionals and corporations. These investigations are done in conjunction with governmental agencies and insurance companies.
Neil is often appointed by Superior Court judges to act as Special Counsel. He has successfully argued appeals in front of New Jersey's Appellate Division, is a member of the New Jersey Supreme Court District Ethics Committee, and former member of its Fee Arbitration Committee.
Neil is frequently called upon by clients to represent them in a large variety of matters that are not routinely covered by insurance policies including allegations of willful misconduct and fraud. Neil also serves as municipal counsel for a number of municipalities in New Jersey, and is admitted to the United States Tax Court.Prior to joining Morrison Mahoney, Neil clerked for the Honorable Robert J. Passero, A.J.S.C., the highest sitting judge in the Vicinage, where he handled complex civil and equitable matters including emergent relief applications and multi-phase litigation.
- Reportable charitable status decision in Advance Housing v. Borough of Teaneck, 215 N.J. 549 (2013)
- Successfully argued numerous appeals in front of New Jersey's Appellate Division
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Passaic County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Supreme Court District Ethics Committee
- Former Land Use Board Member for Emerson, New Jersey
- Passaic County, New Jersey Special Civil Part Mediator
Honors & Awards
- Justice Robert L. Clifford, Inns of Court
- IADC Trial Academy Graduate, Stanford University School of Law (2017)