Ray is a partner in the Bridgeport, Connecticut office of Morrison Mahoney. He spent the past 37 years of his practice with a prominent Connecticut defense firm and has tried many cases to verdict in state and federal court.
Ray has successfully defended his clients in a broad range of subject matters, including professional liability, product liability and other complex matters. Ray’s practice currently concentrates on the defense of non-medical professionals and high exposure and complex general liability matters. He represents clients in the trial and appellate courts as well as before administrative agencies.
- Gottesman v. Kratter, 211Conn. App. 206, cert denied 343 Conn. 918(2022). Legal malpractice summary judgment affirmed on appeal.
- Rousseau v. Weinstein, et al., 204 Conn. App.833(2021). Summary judgement in complex legal malpractice/vexatious litigation matter affirmed on appeal.
- Rockwell v. Rockwell, et al., 178 Conn. App. 373(2017). Defense verdict in attorney malpractice/vexatious litigation bench trial affirmed on appeal.
- Perry v. Public Defenders Services Commission, et al., 94 Conn. App. 733(2006). Defense verdict for the Bridgeport Chief Public Defender and the Commission in legal malpractice bench trial affirmed on appeal.
- Simms v. Seaman, 308 Conn. 523(2013). Successfully represented client in landmark Connecticut decision re attorney absolute immunity for fraud and intentional infliction of emotional distress for conduct during the course of court proceedings.
- Conway v. Wilton, 238 Conn. 653(1996). Landmark Connecticut decision re Recreational Land Use Immunity and municipal liability.