Carole has 30 years of civil litigation and trial experience in the U.S. District Courts, State Courts, Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Carole's areas of specialty include employment and discrimination, wage and hour, municipal, civil rights, bullying/harassment, sexual assaults and a variety of torts, including premises liability, negligent security, negligent supervision and care, motor vehicle accidents, defamation, liquor liability and interference with contractual and business relations. She has successfully represented her clients at numerous trials and public hearings in claims involving sexual harassment, handicap discrimination, age discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, public accommodations, civil rights, municipal liability, wrongful death, negligent supervision and care, personal injury and various torts. Carole represents a wide range of clients including employers, municipalities, insurance carriers, non-profit organizations, hotels, assisted living facilities, restaurants, retailors and public and private schools. Carole is certified by the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination to conduct internal discrimination complaint investigations.
Prior to joining Morrison Mahoney LLP, Carole served as an Assistant Attorney General in Boston and Springfield, Massachusetts where she specialized in civil litigation. While attending law school she served as an aide to U.S. Representative Edward Boland.
- Federal Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA)
- Massachusetts Municipal Lawyers Association
- Hampden County Bar Association
- Abrami v. Town of Amherst, 2013 WL3777070 (D. Mass)
- Opalenik v. Town of South Hadley, 945 F.Supp.2d 168 (D. Mass 2013)
- Morrissey v. Town of Agawam, 883 F.Supp.2d 300 (D. Mass 2012)
- Klaucke v. Daly, 592 F.Supp.2d 222 (D. Mass 2009)
- Walker v. City of Holyoke, 523 F.Supp.2d 86 (D. Mass 2007)
- Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and Earnest Bromes v. Famous Footwear, 2003 WL 21802101, (MCAD)