Jennifer is a partner in the Springfield office of Morrison Mahoney. She concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial and business litigation, business and employment law, as well as hospital and medical malpractice defense.
Jennifer represents healthcare and business professionals in matters ranging from litigation, corporate formation, employee handbooks, lease and contract negotiations, strategy and risk reduction, and general business matters. She enjoys helping employers take a proactive approach by offering effective training programs, reviewing and writing practice handbooks, and implementing workplace best practices. Her varied and extensive experience in general business including contracts, leases, financing, collection, and corporate structure makes her particularly adept at assisting businesses in a multi-disciplinary fashion. Jennifer is a sophisticated researcher and conducts thorough investigations of complex matters and is often relied upon for her accuracy, level of detail, and in-depth analysis and application of the law to a particular situation or scenario.
Jennifer’s practice also includes defense of healthcare and legal professionals subject to malpractice or adverse actions. Her work comprises review and analysis of complicated medical and legal cases, contracts, and other agreements. She offers in-depth analysis and advice and develops a cogent plan for navigating through a claim, lawsuit, or investigation. Her research and writing skills in this area are utilized in the courtroom and by high-level decision makers.
If and when litigation occurs either for her business clients or her healthcare clients, she is diligent in her defense and in developing strategies for resolution.
Jennifer frequently writes and presents on employment law updates, contract interpretation and risk reduction strategies and has presented at many educational seminars in both healthcare and business. Jennifer has served as a Mock Trial Judge for National Competition and a Judge of Northeast Regional Transactional Law Meet. She is an annual participant in her law school’s Introduction to the Legal Profession course, and frequently donates her time to local community and bar events and charities. Jennifer also earned a Legal Lean Sigma® and Project Management Yellow Belt Certification from the Legal Lean Sigma® Institute.
- Obtained an injunction and enforced a contractual non-compete clause in the Hampden County Superior Court
- Successfully resolved numerous cases involving allegations of discrimination based on age, disability, race, and/or sexual harassment. Cases were dismissed without a finding of probable cause or resolved through negotiation or mediation
- Obtained summary judgment for a Nurse Practitioner working in a prison setting rendering healthcare to an inmate
- Successfully responded to investigations and complaints against healthcare providers at various licensing boards, most often with no action being taken against the licensee
- “Some Guidelines For Navigating A Brave New World: In Defense of Employers” BusinessWest, April 4, 2017
- “Medical Malpractice Update: Negligent Credentialing,” Morrison Mahoney Blog, April 12, 2016
- Presented the topic of "Transgender Patient Management and Policies" at the Massachusetts Society for Healthcare Risk Management (MSHRM) Annual Business Meeting & Educational Conference, March 4, 2022
- Panelist, “Top Ten Things Every Business Lawyer Should Know,” Western New England University School of Law’s Business Law Society meeting, February 20, 2019
- Televised interview by WBOA on Employment Law, June 2017
- Presented the topic of "Physician Agreements" at the 68th Annual Meeting and Spring Refresher of the Massachusetts Academy of Family Physicians in Boston, Massachusetts, March 2016
- Recorded Video Presentation on the Opioid Epidemic, November 2016
- Presented the topic of "Sales/Collection/Dispute Resolution" at Western New England University’s Mini Law School, January 2013
- Ronald McDonald House of Springfield Planned Giving Advisory Committee, Chair
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Hampden County Bar Association
- Women Business Owners Alliance
- Springfield Chamber of Commerce
Honors & Awards
- Elected by her peers to The Best Lawyers in America© Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants guide (2023)
- Selected as one of Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly's 2020 Top Women of Law
- Named to Super Lawyers' Massachusetts 2020 Annual List of Top Lawyers: Top Women Edition
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated in Legal Ability & Ethical Standards (2017-2021)
- Selected to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers magazine list in Civil Litigation: Defense (2015–2020). Selected to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers magazine list as a "Rising Star" in Civil Litigation: Defense (2010–2014)
- Featured in BusinessWest’s Faces of Business, May 2017