Mariel is an associate in the Parsippany, NJ office of Morrison Mahoney. She concentrates her practice in the areas of workers’ compensation defense, intellectual property law, employment law, construction law, and tort and liability defense. She represents businesses and individuals in litigation as well as business risk assessment counseling.
Mariel has lectured in continued legal education seminars on insurance law trends, diversity equity & inclusion initiatives, consumer protection laws, as well as voter suppression issues. She is a published author with the New Jersey Lawyers Magazine on New Jersey COVID-19 Insurance Coverage Litigation, Oct. 2021. She has also served on the New Jersey Supreme Court’s Domestic Violence Committee, for a two year term, where she provided invaluable judgment on Hispanic domestic violence and language access to justice issues. She currently serves on Morrison Mahoney’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) Committee.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Insurance Defense Committee Member
- Minorities in Profession Section (MIPS), Board Member
- New Jersey Hispanic Bar Association
- New Jersey Defense Association (NJDA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
Honors & Awards
- Hispanic National Bar Assoc./Microsoft: Intellectual Property Law Institute (IPLI) Scholar
- New York City Bar: Association of Securities and Financial Educators (ASAFE) Scholar