Eric is a partner in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney and provides a broad range of corporate legal services. His practice is focused on general corporate, commercial lending, private securities offerings, private equity, venture capital, corporate finance, employment, and medical and technology transfer matters.
Eric advises clients on a wide array of business and finance transactions including mergers and acquisitions, capital raising, securities offerings, commercial lending, start-ups, choice of entity formation, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements, joint venture agreements, employment agreements, consulting agreements, independent contractor agreements, corporate governance, shareholder disputes, business and intellectual property issues, leases, dissolution, counseling of family-owned enterprises and providing outside general corporate counsel to businesses in a broad base of industries.
Prior to joining Morrison Mahoney, Eric was a partner at Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster (now Verrill Dana).
He also represents lenders and borrowers in connection with sophisticated financial transactions, including commercial and industrial loans, asset-based loans, term loans, commercial lines of credit, revolving credit facilities, working capital loans, construction loans, mortgage warehouse credit facilities and securitized loans, as well as intercreditor arrangements.
Eric represents a wide range of corporate and institutional clients. Representative highlights include:
- lenders and borrowers in connection with commercial and institutional lending
- entrepreneurs in the formation of new business entities including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and business trusts
- clients undertaking equity or debt capital raising
- business clients performing mergers, acquisitions, and other related business transactions
- management of companies for general corporate governance, employment matters, preparing employment, shareholder (buy-sell) and other related agreements
- numerous Boston-based teaching hospitals with consulting agreements and clinical sponsored research arrangements
- buyers and sellers of privately held companies
- non-profit entities with formation, obtaining tax-exempt status, fund-raising compliance, mergers, acquisitions, and dissolutions
- business succession planning
- Small Business Law Practice, Massachusetts CLE
- “You Decided to Sell Your Family Business – Now What?” New England Family Business (Summer 2018)
- “Phantom Equity v. True Equity” SmallBizDaily (April 2019)
- Panel Moderator, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly's In-House Counsel Breakfast, December 6, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Association For Corporate Growth (ACG - Boston Chapter)
- Tower School, Board of Trustees
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- MCLE, Small Business Law Practice
Honors & Awards
- Recognized as a Massachusetts “Rising Star” in a research project conducted jointly by Boston and Law & Politics magazines
- While in law school, Eric was a member of the Securities Law Moot Court Team