Mary Beth Ogulewicz is an associate in the Springfield office of Morrison Mahoney and concentrates her practice in the area of mental health law. She represents hospitals, long-term care facilities, medical providers, non-profits, families and individuals and guides them through some of life’s most emotional and challenging medical and mental health problems. The centerpiece of her representation is an interdisciplinary approach combining strategic legal analysis with social work understanding that allows her to identify an optimal course of action to serve her client’s best interest. This integrative approach to solving mental health legal issues recognizes the interconnectedness of the medical, mental health and legal systems and identify out of court solutions.
A representative sample of the services Mary Beth provides medical care facilities and family systems includes:
- guardianships for personal care and medical decision-making
- treatment orders for administration of antipsychotic medication
- conservatorships to manage finances
- civil commitments for substance abuse and mental health treatment
- elder protection when safety is at risk
- elder mediation services when families face long-term care placement decisions and end-of-life planning
Mary Beth has taught Mental Health and the Law and other legal courses at local universities. She is a certified mindfulness instructor and yoga teacher for frontline professionals in health care, law, and corporate settings. She brings a balanced approach to her clients and process for resolving clients’ problems.
Prior to joining private practice, Mary Beth worked in the Hampden County District Attorney’s Office for 18 years as a criminal prosecutor successfully trying hundreds of cases including homicide, sexual assault, child abuse, and elder abuse.
Mary Beth began her legal career as a law clerk to the justices of the Superior Court.
- Hampden County Bar Association
- National Association of Social Workers
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
- Women’s Bar Association