Michael is an associate in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney. He concentrates his practice in the areas of professional and general liability defense, as well as business litigation. He represents insurance companies, attorneys, and real estate professionals in litigation.
Michael has experience in the areas of civil litigation, personal injury, family law, probate and estate planning, intellectual property, and landlord/tenant law.
While in law school, Michael served as a Case Note and Comment Editor for The Maine Law Review. He also practiced as a student attorney in the University of Maine School of Law’s Intellectual Property Clinic.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a listing agent against the purchaser of real estate for alleged misrepresentation
- Obtained dismissal of a complaint for non-dischargeability against a debtor in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy adversary proceeding
- Negotiated settlement on behalf of landlord related to alleged unfair and deceptive business practices
- “Tipping the Scales?: Maine Adopts the Continuing Negligent Treatment Doctrine in Baker v. Farrand,” (The Maine Law Review, September 2012)
Honors & Awards
- Elected by his peers to the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch™ Commercial Litigation List (2021-2023)