Joelle is a partner in the Providence office of Morrison Mahoney. She concentrates her practice in the area of workers’ compensation and represents employers, self-insureds, third-party administrators and insurance carriers before all levels of the Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Court.
Prior to joining Morrison Mahoney Joelle worked as in-house counsel for a Fortune 100 global insurance company (the fourth-largest property and casualty insurer in the United States), specializing in representing commercial clients at the Rhode Island Workers Compensation Court and Massachusetts Department of Industrial Accidents.
Joelle frequently presents on workers compensation educational programs before attorneys, employers, risk managers and insurance professionals.
- “The Role of the Physician in the Workers’ Compensation Litigation Process,” Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Court Medical Advisory Board Conference (2017)
- “Interactions between Attorneys and Adjusters," Workers’ Comp and Circumstance: New England Workers’ Comp Seminar (2016)
- Panelist, Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Lecture Series (2015)
- Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Bench Bar Committee
- Rhode Island Woman’s Bar Association
- Rhode Island Volunteer Lawyer Program