Bill is a partner in the Manchester office of Morrison Mahoney where he concentrates his practice in the area of hospital and medical malpractice. Bill represents hospitals and doctors of all specialties, dentists, psychologists and other healthcare professionals, as well as medical staffing firms, and insurance carriers in New Hampshire state and federal court, and before their professional licensing boards. He provides aggressive, intelligent and cost-effective defense to claims and lawsuits involving catastrophic medical injuries and wrongful death, up to and including trial.
Bill firmly believes that success depends upon preparation, a deep understanding of the relevant law and medicine, and getting the right experts on board as early as possible.
- Obtained defense verdicts as lead counsel in New Hampshire Superior Court jury trials
- On behalf of an orthopedic spine surgeon, obtained unanimous findings of both “no negligence” and “no causation” from a Medical Malpractice Screening Panel convened pursuant to NH RSA 519-B in a case involving surgical complications and informed consent
- Defeated federal class action certification in a New Hampshire case involving several thousand hospital patients who had been placed in fear of contracting Hepatitis C
- Successfully moved to dismiss, on jurisdictional grounds, several New Hampshire lawsuits from federal multidistrict litigation stemming from a nationwide outbreak of fungal meningitis
- Successfully moved to dismiss a medical malpractice claim brought against a Massachusetts hospital that had purchased a New Hampshire medical practice, arguing that there was no successor liability as a matter of law based upon the hospital’s asset purchase agreement
- Favorably resolved numerous cases with all of New Hampshire’s top mediators
- Understanding New Hampshire’s “Early Offer” Law for Medical Injury Claims, The Standard (July 2012)
- New Hampshire Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Medical Malpractice Defense (2019)
- Named "Rising Star" by New England Super Lawyers magazine, (2014-2017)