Daniel is a partner in the New York office of Morrison Mahoney and member of the firm’s Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Protection team where his practice focuses on data privacy, data security and cyber-insurance matters. As part of his practice, Daniel provides advisory services relating to the development, modification and implementation of written information security plans, employee data security policies, third-party vendor contracts and related corporate governance policies. Daniel counsels clients in all aspects of data breach prevention, detection and mitigation, as well as regulatory compliance with international, federal and state privacy and data protection laws, including the GLBA, GDPR , HIPAA, FTC Act and the N.Y.S. Department of Financial Services cybersecurity regulation. He also represents clients in litigation matters and regulatory inquiries arising from cyber incidents and breaches, assists clients in cybersecurity and privacy assessments, and conducts training for employees and management on data handling, crisis management and breach response.
Daniel is a frequent speaker and author on cybersecurity and data privacy topics and trends, and is the Editor of the Morrison Mahoney Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Protection Newsletter. In addition, he is a Member of the Rutgers University Cybersecurity Advisory Board, where he provides input and leadership designed to enhance the school’s Cybersecurity Certificate Program.
Daniel is also a member of Morrison Mahoney’s Insurance Fraud & Forensic Investigations Group, as well as the firm’s Financial Institutions Litigation Group, and has extensive experience in the litigation of insurance and healthcare fraud actions, as well as in the representation of domestic and international financial institutions, insurance carriers, hedge funds, corporations, and individuals in litigation, mediation and arbitration matters.
Prior to joining private practice, Daniel served as an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County, New York where he gained significant courtroom experience in the Office’s Criminal Court, Grand Jury and Trial Division Bureaus.
- “Cyber Security Regulatory and Compliance Trends,” BSidesLI Information Security Conference, January 26, 2019
- "Data Security, Privacy, & the Law," Hofstra University Maurice A. Dean School of Law's 2018 Legal Tech Boot Camp, October 6, 2018
- “Cyber Security: Updates and Applications,” Alternative Finance Bar Association’s Annual Meeting, June 8, 2018
- “Emerging Cyber Fraud Issues,” Insurance Fraud Management Conference, March 13, 2018
"Cyber Security Strategies for 2018 and Beyond," Oxford Solutions Cybersecurity Panel Discussion, January 30, 2018
- "Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Data Protection," Alternative Finance Bar Association, June 5, 2017
- “Cyber Security: Common Sense Best Practices,” Long Island Advancement of Small Business (LIASB), May 24, 2017
- "The Increasing Threat of Cyber Related Insurance Fraud Schemes," Insurance Fraud Management Conference, March 14, 2017
- “Information & Cyber Security for Small Business,” Long Island Advancement of Small Business (LIASB), February 15, 2017
- Blockchain Can Block Insurance Fraud, Journal of Insurance Fraud in America, Coalition Against Insurance Fraud, August 2018
- "Can Machines Think Like Lawyers," DRI Data and Security Dispatch, Vol 4, Issue 1, June 2018
- Four Ways Blockchain Will Transform The Insurance Industry, Mondaq, May 2018
- Record Number of Data Breaches Reported in New York in 2016; Trend Continuing Nationwide in 2017
- DFS Regulations Allow for Third-Party CISO
- The Key to Beating Ransomware: Plan, Prevent and Have a Full Back-up