Daniel is a partner in the New York office of Morrison Mahoney. His practice focuses on data privacy, data security and cyber-insurance matters, including advisory and litigation services relating to the development, modification and implementation of written information security plans, employee data security policies, third-party vendor contracts and related corporate governance policies. In addition, Daniel counsels clients in all aspects of data breach prevention, detection and mitigation, as well as compliance with international, federal and state privacy and data protection laws, including, GDPR, HIPAA, GLBA, NYSDFS and the FTC Act.
Daniel also has extensive experience in the litigation of insurance and healthcare fraud actions, including matters brought pursuant to the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) relating to the illegal corporate structure and fraudulent billing practices of health care providers, such as up-coding, rate evasion, illegal self-referrals, kickbacks, the performance of unnecessary diagnostic testing and treatment, and fee schedule fraud.
Daniel’s experience also includes the representation of domestic and international financial institutions, insurance carriers, hedge funds, corporations, and individuals in litigation, mediation and arbitration matters. Prior to joining private practice, Daniel served as an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County, New York where he conducted over 100 trials, grand jury presentations and evidentiary hearings.
Daniel is often quoted in Law 360 on data privacy and cybersecurity topics and trends. While in law school, Daniel served on the Labor & Employment Law Journal.
- “Emerging Cyber Fraud Issues,” Insurance Fraud Management Conference, March 13, 2018
"Cyber Security Strategies for 2018 and Beyond," Oxford Solutions Cybersecurity Panel Discussion, January 30, 2018
- "Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Data Protection," Alternative Finance Bar Association, June 5, 2017
- “Cyber Security: Common Sense Best Practices,” Long Island Advancement of Small Business (LIASB), May 24, 2017
- "The Increasing Threat of Cyber Related Insurance Fraud Schemes," Insurance Fraud Management Conference, March 14, 2017
- “Information & Cyber Security for Small Business,” Long Island Advancement of Small Business (LIASB), February 15, 2017