EXPERIENCE & PRACTICE AREAS
Eva is a partner in the Bridgeport office of Morrison Mahoney. She concentrates her practice in the areas of general and professional liability, with a focus on the defense of lawyers, insurance agents, real estate professionals, accountants, medical professionals and businesses in disputes arising from claims of negligence and professional malpractice. Eva has civil litigation experience in both the state and federal courts.
Eva frequently handles high exposure and complex matters in the areas of professional liability, product liability and general liability. She has successfully argued numerous dispositive motions in cases arising from claims of negligence, malpractice and product liability. Eva’s practice extends to the appellate level as well, having argued before the Connecticut Appellate Court. Eva has obtained several decisions from the Connecticut Appellate Court in favor of her professional clients.
Prior to joining Morrison Mahoney, Eva represented insurance companies and brokers in insurance coverage disputes, focusing on matters of coverage for architects and engineers, law firms, financial institutions, cyber security and data breaches, and directors and officers. While in law school, Eva served as the Research Editor for The Connecticut Insurance Law Journal.
HONORS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Connecticut Rising Star in Professional Liability Defense (2022)
- Dismissal in favor of general contractor in catastrophic injury case
- Summary judgment in favor of attorney in vexatious litigation case
- Summary judgment in favor of general contractor in high value injury case
- Dismissal in favor of attorney in legal malpractice case
- Summary judgment in favor of insurer in large exposure breach of contract case
- Negotiated to obtain voluntarily withdrawals of actions filed against attorneys
- Assisted in obtaining defense verdicts in legal malpractice and property dispute cases
- Multiple victories at the appellate court level in professional negligence cases