Successfully brought Rule 12(b)(6) and M.G.L. c. 231 §59H (Anti-SLAPP) motions to dismiss claims of professional negligence against probate attorneys by beneficiary of estate
- Won summary judgment for multiple estate planning attorneys who were sued by disgruntled beneficiaries over their respective roles assisting testators to change their estates, allegedly to beneficiaries’ detriment.
- Successfully defended law firm in arbitration resulting in substantial reduction in exposure to carrier.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of family law attorney in professional liability claim asserting insufficient settlement.
- Assisted lawyer to uncover and bring defamation claim against disgruntled non-client who was posting false and libelous internet reviews, damaging lawyer’s business.
- Obtained closure of investigation by Rhode Island Board of Accountancy arising from accountant’s serving as an expert witness in litigation without adverse findings or discipline
- Obtained closure of Rhode Island Board of Accountancy matter on behalf of client without adverse findings or discipline
- Successfully handled multiple matters in which insurance agent or broker allegedly failed to obtain requested coverage for a client.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of design professional on contribution claims in a multi-million-dollar case involving a team of design professionals’ omitting to timely secure zoning approvals for a Cape Cod property, resulting in the property’s losing significant buildable area after the federal government updated flood zones
- Defended engineers responsible for concrete testing in complex litigation arising from building collapse, resolving case for de minims settlement.
- Won motion to dismiss third-party claims brought by builder against architect alleging that defective design was the proximate cause of new construction defects.
- Successfully defended multiple real estate agents from allegations of misrepresenting listings
Commercial and Tort Litigation
- Won defense verdict in five-day Essex Superior Court personal injury jury trial on behalf of a supermarket chain
- Obtained favorable settlement in significant commercial dispute involving allegations of trademark infringement, violation of the Lanham Act, conspiracy, and other claims at mediation, preserving clients’ rights to continue business operations uninterrupted
- “Practicing with Professionalism” panelist on subject of reputation, Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA)
- Maritime Law Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association