Chris is a partner in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney. He concentrates his practice in the areas of professional liability, insurance coverage, tort and liability defense, employment, and commercial and business litigation. He advises insurance companies on insurance coverage issues, and represents a range of professionals, including attorneys, real estate, engineering and design professionals in litigation. Chris also represents a number of local small and medium-sized businesses and national retailers in litigation. Further, Chris represents employers before the MCAD.
Chris is also a Proctor of Admiralty with experience handling Jones Act and Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (LHWCA) cases, representing ship owners in pursuing maritime liens, and handling salvage matters.
Chris has appeared many times as a panelist for the Massachusetts Bar Association’s presentation of the Supreme Judicial Court’s “Practicing with Professionalism” course and has spoken to the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys on Massachusetts’ e-discovery rules. He is also a contributor to Morrison Mahoney’s “Legal Malpractice Law Update” newsletter.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of landlord against tenant for property damage occasioned by flood in tenant’s unit
- Obtained dismissal of malpractice claims against attorney brought by adverse party from former litigation
- Assisted in negotiation of favorable settlement on behalf of design professional relating to alleged negligence in parking lot design
- Negotiated settlement on behalf of national retailer in products liability action funded entirely by product manufacturer
- Drafted opposition to transfer motion, resulting in denial of motion and preservation of client’s choice of forum in seven-figure case
- “Practicing with Professionalism” panelist on subject of reputation, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
Rhode Island Bar Association