Matt is an associate in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney. He concentrates his practice in the ares of tort and liability defense, premises liability, and construction litigation, in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. He represents insurance companies, businesses, and individuals in an active practice.
He is involved in all aspects of litigation, including investigation, written discovery, and depositions. He has argued discovery and dispositive motions before the courts of both states and second-chaired a jury trial in the Massachusetts District Court. Additionally, he has experience with alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation of personal injury matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Matt served as a law clerk to Associate Justice Francis X. Flaherty of the Rhode Island Supreme Court. While in law school, Matt was a member of the Suffolk Prosecutors Clinic, the Moot Court Honor Board, and a comment editor for the Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy.
- Second-chaired a two-day jury trial in Massachusetts District Court, including preparation of a key defense witness
- Through use of effective cross-examination and expert testimony, obtained a favorable arbitrator’s award in a significant personal injury matter
- Obtained a finding in client’s favor at a small claims trial, despite the plaintiff’s failure to give the defendant proper notice of the hearing
- While in law school, prosecuted approximately 50 cases with the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office, including first-chairing a successful drug distribution prosecution that involved presenting expert and lay witness testimony
“Mode of Operation: Not Just for Supermarkets Anymore,” The Standard (February 2016)
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (MassDLA)
- Rhode Island Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Appellate Clerkship, Rhode Island Supreme Court
- Pro Bono Honor Roll, Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court