Anthony’s practice areas include professional liability defense, hospital and medical law, product liability, pharmaceutical and medical device litigation, complex multidistrict litigation, business and commercial litigation, and environmental law. He also serves as counsel to insurers, and contextualizes coverage matters with an eye toward potential litigation and administrative actions.
Anthony has guided commercial clients and professionals through the litigation process, from initial claims through trial and appeal, at every level of the Massachusetts state and federal judiciaries. He has represented clients through American and international arbitrations. He has also been a featured speaker on developments in litigation in Massachusetts and throughout the Northeast.
Anthony has also helped his clients negotiate through regulatory schemes on the state and federal level, from assisting medical providers through administrative actions, to the evaluation of regulatory compliance of pharmaceutical companies and commercial entities.
- Written extensively on evidentiary law, civil procedure, and the nature of judicial decision-making in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Published articles have appeared in Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, the Massachusetts Lawyers Journal, MCLE's Massachusetts Tort Law Manual, and the Massachusetts Bar Association Section Review
- “Emerging Risk of Cannabis in Medicine,” Massachusetts Society of Health Care Management Annual Meeting & Conference (MSHRM), September 20, 2019
- Professional Liability Defense Federation, Former Chair of the Other Healthcare Committee
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & awards
- Elected by his peers to The Best Lawyers in America© Medical Malpractice Defense guide (2018-2020)
- Selected to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers magazine list in Civil Litigation: Defense (2018–2019)
- Selected to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers magazine list as a "Rising Star" in Civil Litigation: Defense (2013–2017)
- Named as a New England Scholar (in recognition of his academic achievement) on multiple occasions in law school and served as a Case and Note Editor for the New England Journal on Criminal and Civil Confinement
- Serves as the member of the Board of Directors of a local after-school program for grade-school children
- Presents to hospital Grand Rounds and physicians groups on medical-legal matters
- Has served as a Legal Research and Writing Instructor at New England Law/Boston
- Served as judge in a mock trial and moot court competitions held by Harvard Law School, Boston College Law School, Suffolk University Law School, and New England Law/Boston