Namita is an associate in the New York office of Morrison Mahoney. Her practice is focused on a broad range of matters including the areas of medical/dental malpractice, professional liability, general/premise liability and construction litigation. Namita has spent the last several years of practice successfully defending medical/dental professionals and has handled all aspects of malpractice claims from intake to final resolutions. She is involved in complex construction litigation both at the State and Federal level. Namita also has experience in defending insurers in general, premise and automobile matters.
Namita has also served as the associate editor of the Connecticut Insurance Law Journal.
- Obtained pre-answer motion dismissals in several dental malpractice cases based on improper service and expiration of statute of limitations
- Obtained dismissal of matter after Traverse Hearing was held
- Obtained summary judgments and dismissals in favor of medical professionals, hospitals and medical facilities in several malpractice actions
- Conducted several pre-trial evidentiary hearings which resulted in evidence being suppressed and charges being dismissed in criminal actions
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- New York State Bar Association
- Khan Foundation, Vice Chair - Board of Directors