Peter has extensive experience in the litigation of complex claims, including medical malpractice, long-term care, product liability, commercial litigation, environmental and aviation litigation. He has successfully represented physicians and medical care facilities against claims of negligence, breach of warranty, failure to obtain informed consent and loss of chance as well as with hospital credentialing challenges and Board of Registration in Medicine disputes. In addition, he has represented manufacturers of cranes and aerial lifts, helmets, ambulance stretchers, industrial equipment, airplanes, construction equipment and medical devices with respect to claims alleging design defects, breach of warranty claims and failure to warn. He has also represented distributors of those products in claims alleging negligent repair and maintenance, and negligent operation as well as breach of warranty. Peter has represented businesses and a variety of other matters. He has defended private clubs in “tips” cases for wage claims. He has successfully tried over 300 cases to verdict. He has been recognized for many years by Boston Magazine as a “Top 100 Super Lawyers.” In addition, he has also been named one of "The Best Lawyers in America."
Massachusetts Bar Association
Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
Defense Research Institute, Member/Former Chair Medical Liability Committee
Federation of Insurance and Corporate Counsel
International Association of Defense Counsel
Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
Litigation Counsel of America
- Jury verdict against major educational institution on behalf of small business for deceptive trade practices (excess of $10,000,000), affirmed by the Supreme Judicial Court.
- Jury verdict for aircraft manufacturer in claim arising out of crash of single engine passenger airplane (with four fatalities) off the coast of Crooked Island in the Bahamas.
- Defense verdicts for major crane and work platform manufacturers in matters that involved fatalities.
- Defense verdict for medical device manufacturer in claim of defective heart valve.
- Summary judgment for a national insurance company in a class action regarding OEM parts replacement and diminution of value after damages, affirmed by Supreme Judicial Court.
- Over 200 defense verdicts on behalf of medical professionals over the past thirty years.
- Successful representation of major weapons manufacturer in claim arising out of friendly fire incident during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Successful representation of insurance company in major class action, affirmed by Supreme Judicial Court.
- Defense verdict for helmet manufacturer.
- Successful representation of businesses and individuals regarding contract enforcement.
- Represented private clubs in "Tip Law" claims (MGL c. 152A).
- Successful representation of business in Lanham Act claim for unfair competition.
- Many appellate decisions argued before the Appeals Court, Supreme Judicial Court, and First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Private pilot, instrument rated.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America Guide 2017 for Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants and Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants.