Nicollette is a partner in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney. She concentrates her practice in the area of insurance law and coverage. She advises insurance companies in the admitted and non-admitted markets on insurance coverage issues and claim evaluation. She also represents insurance carriers in coverage litigation and defends bad faith suits.
Nicollette also concentrates her practice in the area of construction litigation. She defends construction professionals against claims of construction defect and personal injury matters.
- Awarded summary judgment in favor of insurer on absence of coverage for homeowner under lender’s force-placed policy of insurance
- Awarded summary judgment on applicability of injury to subcontractor exclusion to preclude coverage in wrongful death suit
- Awarded summary judgment in favor of lease cosigner in large fire loss under Massachusetts antisubrogation rule prior to significant discovery
- Obtained several dismissals of coverage and bad faith suits against insurance carriers prior to conducting discovery
- “First Circuit Holds Insurer Has No Duty To Defend Against c. 93A Demand Letter Or In Mediation Prior To Suit,” The Standard (February 10, 2017)
- “Appeals Court Awards Bad Faith Damages Despite $0 Judgment Against Insured,” The Standard (September 9, 2016)
- “Young Women in the Law: Best. Advice. Ever.,” DRI The Whisper, Vol. 12, Issue 7 (July 29, 2016) (co-author)
- “SJC Rejects Selective Tender,” The Standard (April 29, 2016)
- “Mass. SJC Upholds Bad Faith Award Against Insurer Despite Payment of Loss in Full,” The Standard (January 9, 2015)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Young Lawyers Committee; Young Women in the Law Co-chair
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Women in the Law; Digital Content Vice Chair
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Construction Law and Insurance Law Committees