Jim is a partner in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney and is an elected member of the firm’s five-member Executive Committee. He focuses on the defense of physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals in medical malpractice actions. He routinely defends high exposure medical malpractice cases to verdict in a wide variety of medical specialties. Jim also regularly represents healthcare professionals in disciplinary matters before the boards that license them, and before institutional credentialing committees.
Jim practices in Boston, MA, and Manchester, NH, and counsels hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, drug and alcohol treatment centers, and other healthcare organizations regarding risk management issues.
Jim is regularly asked to speak at continuing medical education seminars regarding medical legal issues at the local and national level. He has been recognized for several years by Boston Magazine as an "Up and Coming Lawyer" and elected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Medical Malpractice Defense.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense verdicts in wrongful death and similar high exposure medical malpractice cases including birth injury, failure to diagnose, DVT/pulmonary embolus, myocardial infarction and aortic dissection, post-operative infection and complications, and a wide variety of long term care-related care issues
- Summary judgment in Federal class action lawsuit alleging civil rights and ADA/Rehabilitation Act violations
- Significant experience in negotiating with the Massachusetts and New Hampshire medical/dental licensing boards, and with institutional credentialing committees
- Law Clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court
Honors & Awards
- Elected by his peer to The Best Lawyers in America© Medical Malpractice Defense guide, (2018-2021)
- Recognized by Boston Magazine as an “Up and Coming Lawyer”