Tory A. Weigand joined Morrison Mahoney LLP in 1994 and is a Partner working out of both the Boston and Springfield offices. Mr. Weigand has a diversified appellate and trial practice in a variety of areas including Commercial and Professional liability and has argued before the First Circuit Court of Appeals, the Massachusetts Appeals Court, and the Supreme Judicial Court. His experience includes representing directors and officers and professionals including physicians, hospitals and practice groups, and other health care providers. He has litigated and counseled as to employment disputes, Bivens and civil rights actions, civil RICO, business tort and contractual disputes, aviation, life sciences, and copyright and trademark matters as well as represented insurers in insurance practice claims and litigation. He lectures on appellate practice and has a number of publications.
Tory is a former law clerk and deputy chief law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court as well as a law clerk for the Chief Justice of the Massachuetts Appeals Court (Hon. John M. Greaney).
- American Law Institute
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association’s Appellate Practice Subcommittee
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- “The Right to Settle Versus the Duty to Appeal,” Legal Dimensions, The Standard (2016)
- Has successfully tried to verdict a number of high exposure medical cases to verdict in a variety of medical specialties including having obtained a recent defense verdict on behalf of a general surgeon in a wrongful death claim;
- Successfully represented a leading international manufacturer of scientific equipment in Lanham Act litigation;
- Successfully represented national insurer on appeal in large exposure Medicare claim;
- Successfully represented a national professional medical society in a high profile business tort and breach of contract claim and dispute;
- Successfully represented and advised individual independent contractor to a large international medical device manufacturer in a termination, breach of contract and wage complaint litigation;
- Successfully represented and defended FBI Regional supervisor in multi-million dollar Bivens action in Federal Court;
- Successfully represented national home goods company on appeal in employment discrimination claim;
- Has successfully briefed and argued numerous appellate matters before state and federal appellate courts.
Honors & Awards
- Elected by his peers for inclusion Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Commercial Litigation (2019)