Sean has more than twenty-nine years of trial practice and civil litigation experience. He represents businesses, insurance companies, insureds and self-insureds. Sean’s practice is concentrated in the areas of tort and contract litigation involving premises liability, products liability, transportation and construction accidents as well as commercial and business litigation. He has substantial experience in the representation of shopping center owners, managers, developers and retailers in lawsuits involving allegations of negligent premises maintenance, security and management, as well as claims involving breach of contract, contractual indemnification and commercial lease disputes.
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Member
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, Member
- First Chair in more than fifty jury trials and bench trials in state and federal court and before administrative agencies.
- Serves on the steering committee for the DRI Retail & Hospitality Law Practice Group
- Serves as the Retail Liaison on the DRI Retail & Hospitality Law Committee.
- Serves on the steering committee for the ALFA International Hospitality & Retail Law Practice Group.
- Served as the moderator and as a speaker for the session “Hot Topics! A Review and Discussion of Recent Legal Decisions and Issues in the Hospitality and Retail Industry” at the ALFA International 2016 Hospitality & Retail Law Practice Group Seminar in Santa Barbara, CA.
- Authored legal articles for and made presentations to a number of retail and legal trade groups, including the International Council of Shopping Centers and multiple Practice Groups of ALFA International, the Global Legal Network®.
- Served as the moderator and as a speaker for the session "Cyber Security and Data Breaches: Firewalls & Firestorms" at the ALFA International 2014 Hospitality Law Seminar in New Orleans, LA.
- Invited member of the Claims and Litigation Management Alliance.