Matt has spent his legal career providing legal, risk management, and strategic business advice to start up, closely held, and family-owned businesses. He represents clients in a broad range of legal matters including mergers and acquisitions, employment disputes, director and officer liability, investment and securities issues and regulatory compliance, with particular experience in the life science sector. Matthew also serves as outside general counsel to a number of private companies that do not have in house legal staffs. In this capacity, he advises clients on day to day legal matters including employment policies and procedures, executive compensation arrangements, shareholder and founder issues and counseling senior executives on company business strategy.
- ALFA (Global Legal Network) Business Litigation Steering Committee
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Reinsurance Claims Resolution Group
- USA500clubs, New England Chapter, Professional Advisor Group
- Winchester, Massachusetts Youth Baseball & Softball program, Board of Directors
- Has been a speaker for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) and a member of its faculty for programs focusing on corporate practice issues and has provided client seminars on issues such as transactional due diligence and contract traps for the unwary.
- From 2009 to 2012, recognized by New England Super Lawyers Magazine as a "Rising Star.”