Grace, who has almost twenty years of trial practice and litigation experience, concentrates her practice in the areas of product liability, construction law—including personal injury, construction defect, and contractual—OSHA, commercial litigation, employment litigation, premises liability and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) cases. Grace has obtained successful outcomes on behalf of her clients in both state and Federal Court bench and jury trials. Grace is a continual lecturer for various legal education programs on the topics of OSHA, risk transfer and indemnity issues, defending traumatic brain injury cases, best discovery practices, and deposition techniques. She has authored several legal articles and has provided expert commentaries for Lexis on issues such as indemnity, premises liability and collateral estoppel. Further, Grace was a Legal Writing and Research Instructor for Boston University School of Law’s first year J.D. program from 2003 to 2006. At the firm, Grace leads Morrison Mahoney’s Women’s Initiative Group.
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, President (2016–2017), Board of Directors (2010–present)
ALFA International Board Member (2015–Present), Construction Law Practice Group (Program Co-Chair 2015–Present; Steering Committee Member 2010–Present), Product Liability and Complex Tort Practice Group (Steering Committee Member 2014–present), Women’s Initiative Practice Group (Chair 2014–2015; Steering Committee Member 2008–Present)
- Massachusetts Associated General Contractors, Safety Committee Member (2003–present)
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Chair of the Volunteer Recognition Committee (2011–present), Past Member of the Litigation Section Counsel (2006–2008), Business Section Counsel (2004–2005), and New Lawyer Section Counsel (2002–2003)
- Defense Research Institute, Construction Law Steering Committee Member (2009–present)
- Boston Bar Association, New Lawyers Section- Past Co-Chair (2002–2004), Task Force on Pro Bono and New Lawyers (2002–2003)
- Downtown Women’s Club, Past Co-Director (2007–2009), Past Executive Committee Member (2002–2010)
- In 2013, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly selected Grace as one of the “Top Women of the Law."
- In a case of first impression, Grace successfully argued on behalf of a general contractor before the Massachusetts Appeals Court that the intentional failure to have a waiver of subrogation clause in all of its subcontracts, which the general contract required, was not a material breach of the general contract, thereby resulting in the dismissal of the case. The case is reported at North American Specialty Ins. Co. v. Payton Construction Corp., 80 Mass. App. Ct. 367 (2011), rev. denied 461 Mass. 1102 (2011).
- She obtained a successful outcome on behalf of a California graduate school after a two week trial in the United States District Court of Massachusetts in which the plaintiff claimed breach of contract, promissory estoppel and violation of Mass. Gen. Laws ch. 93A.
- After 6 days of evidentiary hearing in United States District Court of Massachusetts, she obtained the enforcement of a favorable settlement on behalf of a construction diving company in a multi-party maritime construction case, in which the plaintiff claimed that due to his traumatic brain injury, he was not competent to enter into the settlement.
- Grace has obtained defense verdicts in jury trials in both the Superior Court and state District Court on behalf of several national retailers in claims involving head injuries and other injuries.
- For every year starting 2005 through 2012, Grace was recognized by Boston Magazine as a “Super Lawyer Rising Star,” a distinction given to fewer than 2.5% of lawyers in Massachusetts.