Demi is a partner in the New York office of Morrison Mahoney and has 20 years of experience practicing in the state of New York. She is an experienced litigator who has taken defense verdicts, succeeded on appeal in numerous matters, and has arbitrated and mediated hundreds of cases to amicable resolution. Of note in her trial experience is a defense verdict Demi obtained in a misleveled elevator case involving serious knee and back injuries with high exposure to a commercial property owner. In the Appeals category, she prevailed on an appeal in the First Department where plaintiff alleged serious brain damage sustained as a result of a health club’s failure to administer CPR and use of the AED.
Demi has extensive experience in Employment law litigation, including class action overtime litigation, which have resulted in favorable settlements. Demi has successfully represented many nursing home/long term care facilities throughout New York State, including numerous wrongful death suits.
- St. John's University, Navigating Your Insurance Career Path Panelist, November 5, 2019
- NAIW-NYC (National Association of Insurance Women); President, Vice President and Board Member
- New York City Association of Insurance Women, Board Member
- NAPW (National Association of Professional Women), Member
- NYS Bar Association, Member
- NYIA (New York Insurance Association), Member
- Hellenic Professional Women’s Association, Member
- Selected as a “Super Lawyer” in 2013–2015 (New York State)
- Received the “Woman of the Year” Award from the National Association of Professional Women 2011/2012.
- Obtained Dismissal of high exposure Ponzi Scheme Action.
- Obtained Defense Verdicts in several General Premises liability matters.
- Obtained summary judgments and favorable appellate decisions in numerous Labor Law 240(1) (scaffolding law) matters.