Brent is a partner in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney and an elected member of the firm’s five-member Executive Committee. He has more than twenty years of experience as a trial lawyer. He focuses on the defense of physicians, nurses and other medical professionals in professional liability cases. Brent has tried numerous high exposure medical malpractice cases to verdict in state and federal court involving a wide variety of medical specialties. He also regularly represents healthcare professionals before state licensing boards including the Board of Registration in Medicine. Brent is frequently asked to speak at continuing medical education seminars regarding medical legal issues. He has also been asked to speak at continuing legal education seminars regarding evidentiary issues and trial practice.
In addition to his professional liability work, Brent also has extensive experience in the defense and trial of general liability suits as well as the representation of insurers in insurance bad faith claims.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- First chair in more than fifty civil jury trials and bench trials in state and federal court.
- First chair in numerous binding arbitrations in medical malpractice cases as well as administrative proceedings involving professional licensure issues.
- Selected by peers and recognized in Boston Magazine as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer on multiple occasions.
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Medical Malpractice Defense (2018, 2019)
- Named the Best Lawyers© 2019 Medical Malpractice - Defendants "Lawyer of the Year" in Boston.