Brent is a partner in the Boston office of Morrison Mahoney. With more than 25 years of experience, Brent is a seasoned trial attorney who specializes in the defense of physicians, nurses and other medical professionals in professional liability cases. He has tried more than 50 high exposure medical malpractice cases to verdict in state and federal court. Brent also regularly represents healthcare professionals before state licensing boards.
Brent frequently lectures to healthcare providers at Grand Rounds and other continuing medical education seminars. He also lectures to trial attorneys regarding evidentiary issues and the art of trial advocacy.
Brent holds the prestigious Martindale- Hubbell AV Preeminent peer review rating, the highest possible peer rating for legal ethics and abilities as a trial attorney.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- First chair in more than fifty civil jury trials and bench trials in state and federal court
- First chair in numerous binding arbitrations in medical malpractice cases as well as administrative proceedings involving professional licensure issues
- Elected by his peers to The Best Lawyers in America© Medical Malpractice Defense guide (2018-2022)
- Named the Best Lawyers© 2019 Medical Malpractice - Defendants "Lawyer of the Year" in Boston
- Selected to the Massachusetts Super Lawyers magazine list in Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Defense (2008–2020)