Lee Stephen MacPhee
Partner, resident in Boston office.
Licenses: Massachusetts, Maine and New Hampshire (state and federal courts); also admitted to practice pro hac vice in several other jurisdictions.
Ratings: AV rated by Martindale Hubble; designated as a Super Lawyer® for the last 8 years.
Memberships/Associations: American Board of Trial Advocates, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association (former Chairman), Massachusetts Bar Association, New Hampshire Bar Association, Maine Trial Lawyers Association, Defense Research Institute, International Association of Defense Counsel, Transportation Industry Defense Association (TIDA), and Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA).
Degrees: Bates College (B.A.); Suffolk University (J.D.)
- Extensive experience in civil litigation on behalf of businesses, insurance companies and self-insureds with an emphasis on trial work.
- More than thirty-four years of experience in trial practice and litigation management.
- More than a hundred civil jury trials in state and federal court and dozens of bench trials in court and hearings before administrative agencies.
- Certification as a Mediator.
- Certification as an Arbitrator (II) by the American Arbitration Association.
- Former Chairman, ALFA International, the Global Legal Network®, an affiliation of more than 145 law firms around the world.
- Former Chairman, Transportation Practice Group, ALFA International, the Global Legal Network®.
- Appointment, Outside General Counsel, Commonwealth Automobile Reinsurers.
- Member, MM Diversity Committee.
- Successful representation of business clients in internet defamation litigation.
- Successful representation of national charitable organization in a seminal ADA lawsuit.
- Successful representation of insurance clients before state regulatory agencies.
- Successful representation of manufacturers and dealers of recreational vehicles, among other products.
- Successful representation of defendants in mass tort litigation.
- Successful representation of clients in "sick building" claims, including a claim regarding a building housing a state supreme court, appellate court and county superior court.
- Appellate decisions before the Massachusetts Appeals Court and First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Has authored legal articles for and made presentations to multiple bar associations and trade groups, including several Practice Groups of ALFA International, the Global Legal Network®.
Please note that by e-mailing Morrison Mahoney LLP, its attorneys, or any other Morrison Mahoney employee, you are not creating a lawyer-client relationship unless and until an agreement has been reached between you and the firm to handle a particular matter. Please do not convey to Morrison Mahoney LLP, its attorneys, or any other Morrison Mahoney employee any information that you regard as confidential until such an agreement is reached and a formal lawyer-client relationship has been established. Any information conveyed by you to Morrison Mahoney LLP, its attorneys, or any other Morrison Mahoney employees prior to establishing a lawyer-client relationship may not be privileged or confidential.